1. Quantitative data can exist in A. continuous form only B. continuous and discrete forms C. nominal and ordinal forms D. ordinal form only
2. Data created by the user is called A. primary data B. qualitative data C.
quantitative data D. secondary data
3. The sequence of operation of a computer is A. accept data, process data and produce output B. accept data, produce data and information C. produce data, supply data and produce output D. process data and display information
4. Which of the following description is not true about data? A. can be converted to information B. are easily affordable C. is unorganized D. is used for decision making
5. Which of the following statements is true about supercomputers? They A. can fit on a single small chip B. are easily affordable C. can process billions of operation in a second D. are found among various homes and offices
6. The Slide Rule is accurate to A. 1-2 decimal places B. 3-4 decimal places
C.5 decimal places D. 6 decimal place
7. What factors will motivate a field
engineer into choosing a notebook
computer over a desktop computer?
A. cost, convenience and battery life
B. cost, siZe and convenience C. size, Convenience and battery life D. size,
cost and battery life
8. A collection of wires through which data are transmitted from one part of
the computer to another is known as
A. address B. bus C. driver D. register
9. The total possible comnbinations of the input variables for a logic gate containing three input variables is A. 3 B. 4 C. 8 D, 12
10. What is the least number of 750 MB capacity CD-ROM discs needed to
transfer 10 GB size file? A. 75 B. 31
C. 14 D. 13
11. The logic gate represented in Figure 1 is called A. AND gate B. NAND gate C. NOR gate D. OR gate
12. Which of the logic gate will give an opposite to the state? A. X B. Y and Z C. ZD. X and Y
13. Which of the following statements is true about the logic gate X and Y? A. they both have multiple output variables B. the out state of each depends on the input C . The output is true only if all inputs are true D. They are both equivalent.
14. The logic equation for the logic circuit in Figure 3 is
15. The operation of a conputer and peripherals attached to it is controlled by A. application software B. hardware
C. live ware D. system software
16. COBOL was developed for A. business operations B. game developers C. mobile application developers D. search engine optimization
17. The operating system performs the following operations except A. organization of data B. resource allocation C. creation of data D. arrangement of files
18. The fundamental purpose of the BIOS is A. initializing and testing hardware components B. testing the system performance. C. updating the system performance D, saving the operating system’s life
19. The IF… THEN statement in BASIC is called A. an assignment statement B. an object C. a class D. a control structure
20. The use of natural language and symbols to write instructions for the computer is called A. machine language programming B. assembly language programming C. algorithm language| programming D. high level languagel programming
21. Which of the following stages of
SDLC is post operation stage? A.
analysis B. design C. investigation D.
22. The expression 5 + 3*4/2 – 3^2 in
OBASI evaluate to A. 7 B.4 C. 2 D. 1
Use figure to answer questions 23 to
23. The basic problem with the flowchart is that it has A. no direction B. no algorithm C. END as process D. improper branch out
24. What activity is the flowchart made to represent? A. How to pick an orange
B. Instruction to pick an orange C.
Evaluation on how to pick an orange
D. Number of times to pick an orange
25. If N in the flowchart is represented by 10, which of the following conditions is not true? A. if C>10, do not pick orange B. If C=10, stop picking orange C. If C<10 keep picking orange D. If C=10, continue picking orange
26. A computer system on the network that stores pages, takes requests from client as well as send out information is called a A. client B. web page C. wed server D. website
The device in figure 5 uses a transmis-
sion method called A. broadcast B.
podcast C. multicast D. unicast
In figure 6, the signals from modern X
to modem Y is A. analogue B. digital
C. imaginary D. aperiodic
29. The “exams” in the web address:
called A. domain name B. path C. port
30. Which of the following statements
about URL is true? It is A. a computer software program B. a type of web
server C. an acronym for unlimited
resources for learning D. address of
document or ‘page’ on the worid wide
The type of network represented in
Figure 7 is calledA. LAN, B. MAN C.
PAN D. WAN
32. In MS Excel, the cell that contains the pointer or cursor is called A. active
Cell B. Current cell C. default cell D.
A. superscript B. subscript C.
root D. exponentiation
35. The part of the graphic interface in
Figure 8 1labelled V is called A. pan B. Zoom in C. zoom out D. fit to window
36. Which of the following formulas will display current seconds past the minute of the clock in MS Excel?
A, = MNUTE ()
B. =MINUTE (NOWO)
The part of the MS Word interface labelled II in Figure 10 is called A. Read mode B. Print Layout C. Proofing error D. Web layout
38. What type of relationship can you deduce from the statement a departmnent has many employees? A. One to-one B. One to-many C. Many to-many D. Many-to-one
39. The screen background where icons and windows are displayed in GUI is called A. explorer B. desktop C. opening screen D. homepage
40. The windows shortcut key for closing an active application is A. Alt+F4 B.Ctrl+Alttdel C. Ctrl+Esc D. Ctrl+Shift+Del
41. Changing the default settings or appearance of the Taskbar in windows
by a user is known as A. customization
B. designing C. generalization D. globalization
The part of the computer system
shown in Figure 11 is used to A. perform memory test B. power on or off of the computer C. print a document from the computer D. reset the computer to factory settings
43. A single character in EBCDIC encoding system can be represented using A. 4bits B. 6bits C. 8bits D. 16bits
45. The binary number 0.1101 in decimal is A. 0.81 25 BO.8215 C. 0.8225 D 0.8512
46. To Prevent unforseen data loss, a user must A. Edit the data B. Create the data C. Back up the data D. Defragment the data.
The file access method shown in Figure 12 is called A. hashed access B.
indexed access C. random access D
48. Which of the following options is not a similarity between computer file and manual file A. be accessed B. be retrieved C. store multimedia D. contain information
49. A computer program that gathers information about a person or organi-
zation without their knowledge or
consent is known as A. adware B. time
bomb C. Trojan horse D. spyware
50. The following actions are the effects of virus infection in a system except A. deletion of files B. slow operation C. hard disk failure D. display of unwanted messages.
WASSCE JUNE 2021
COMPUTER STUDIES 1
OBJECTIVE TEST ANSWERS
1.B 2.A 3.A 4.D 5.C 6.B 7 B. 8 B 9.B 10.C 11.B 12.A 13.D 14. D 15.D 16.A 17.C 18.A 19.D 7.C 29.B 30.D 31.B 32.A 20.D 21.C 22.A 23.A 24.D 25.D 26.C27.A 28.A 29.B 30.B 31.C 32.A 33.C 34.B 35.B 36.B 37.B 38.B 39.B 40.A 41.A 42.,B 43.C 44.B 45.C 46.C 47.A 48.C 49.C 50.C
WASSCE JUNE 2021 COMPUTER STUDIES 2
1. (a) what are Report in a database system?
(b) List four ways in which Reports can be viewed in database management system
(c) Outline the steps to print a Report in MS Access
3.(a)(i) what is Universal Serial Bus
(ii)state two benefits of USB connection between a computer and
(b) In Table1, three storage devices are described, use it to answer 3(b)(i) and 3(b)(ii).
(i) In column 1 by ticking in any of the columns 3,4 or 5
4a(i) Define computer graphics.
(ii) List two applications of computer
graphics in advertising.
(b) Give one use of the following computer graphics application tools:
) Interactive Fill Tool:
(ii) Texture Fill Tool;
(iii) Envelope Tool;
(iv) Extrude Tool.
(c) Name one Fill Tool in computer graphic application which is needed to:
i)create a background that is faded from light blue to white;
(ii) fill an object with two colours that
blend from one to another.
5. Write a BASIC program to grade any score entered from the keyboard as either “Poor” for a score that is below 50% or “Satisfactory” for a score that is equal to or above 50%. The program execution should stop as soon as a score that is less than zero is entered.
Was this helpful? Drop your questions or contributions in the comment box😍😍