2022 WAEC Christian Religious Studies Objective Test Questions
1. According to the second creation story, which of the following were formed out of the ground? A Sun, moon and stars B. Firmaments and light C. Beast of the field and birds D. Fishes and all sea monsters
2. Which of the following is the reason
for which God decided to make a helper fit for man in the garden of Eden?
For A. communication B. companion-
ship C. fellowship D. procreation
3. The supremacy of God during creation 15 was manifested by His A. consent that a thing be done. B. command of let there be. C. creation of humankind. D. control over the heavens.
4. Apart from Joseph who was already
in Egypt, the offspring of Jacob that
migrated from Canaan to Egypt numbered A. sixty. B. seventy. C. eighty. D. ninety
5. The name Manasseh which Joseph
gave to his first son means A. a beloved son of Joseph’s wife. B. God had made Joseph forget his hardship. C. God had delivered Joseph from death. D. God had forgotten Joseph and his family.
6. And the Lord said to Moses see,
I made you as God to Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall… Which of the following roles was Aaron assigned? A. prophet. B. priest. C. Seer. D. Servant.
7. The presence ot God among the Israelites is demonstrated by the symbol of A. fire and cloud. B. smoke and water. C.wind and dust. D. clouds and wind.
8. Joshua’ s success in the promised land was attributed to the fact that he was A. carefree about keeping the laws of God. B. strong and of good courage anointed by Moses personally. D. able to take responsibilities.
9. During the mission of the twelve spies which of the following tribes did Joshua represent? A. Ephraim B. Judah C. Reuben. D. Levi
10. Who anong the following kings did God sell the people ol Israci to and were oppressed for tweny years? A. Ahab. B. Jabin. C. Nenucnadnezzar
11. Sisera, the commander was killed by Jael whose husband was a A. Philistine. B. sraelite. C. Kenite. D. Jebusite.
12. Which of the following was the major Sin attribted to Hophni and Phinehas They A. treated the offering of the Lord with contempt. B. took bribes and had no regard for Justice idolatry and adultery. D. deposed their
lather from priesthood.
13. Samuel was sid to have failed in matters of parental responsibility because he A. made his children to succeed him. B. made his children judges over Israel. C. did not bring up his children
in his ways. D. could not maintain unity in his family.
14. Though you are little in your own eyes. are you not the head of the tribes of Israel? On which occasion was this statement made? A. During the sacrifice at Michmash B. When the sons of Samuel disobeyed God C. When the evil spirit tormented Saul D. During the war between Israel and Amalek
15. One important lesson that could be learnt from David when he spared the life of Saul is A. that we must not insult kings despite their wickedness.
B. to avoid retaliation for wrong done
against us. C. to pray for all who hate
you. D. that no king should be killed
by his subject.
16. Which of the following names was
given to Solomon by the prophet Nathan when he was born? A. Ammon B. Absalom C. Jedediah D. Tamor
17. . And God said”Ask what I shall give you”. To whom and where was this request made? A. David at Hebron B. Solomon at Hebron C. David at Gibeon. D. Solomon at Gibeon.
18. A major mistake attributed to Re-
hoboam was his decision to A. dare Jeroboam to divide the kingdom. B. lead Israel to war without God’s approval. C. worship other gods and marry foreign wives. D. follow the negative footsteps of Solomon.
19. The reason for which the building of the temple came into fulfilment during the time of Solomon was that A. David was guilty of shedding blood. B. there was relative peace during his reign. C. his father had arranged for building materials. D. he offered enough sacrifices to God.
20. When Jezebel decided to cut off the prophets of the Lord, who among the following took a hundred prophets and hid them in a cave? A. Elijah B. Elisha C. Nathan D. Obadiah
21. Elijah ran from Mount Carmel to
the city of Jezreel because he was A. chased by the Baal prophets. B. overjoyed by his journey. C. pursued by Ahab the king. D. possessed by the spirit of God.
22. Proclaim a fast and set Naboth on high among the people. Which of the following was Naboth charged with after the proclamation? He was charged with A. claiming to be the Messiah and King. B. cursing God and the King. C. instigating riot among the people. D.refusing to release the family land to the king.
23. Which of the following was the reason for which God promised to punish the house of Ahab and not Ahab himself? Ahab A. humbled himself. B. acted under pressure. C. was a righteous man. D. acted wisely.
24. I have found the book of the law in the house of the Lord. The discovery of the law book A. revealed the sins of Manasseh. B. gave Josiah’s reform direction. C. called for the revival of the passover. D. revealed God’s righteousness and purity.
25. Huldah, the prophetess, pronounced evil upon Judah because the people. A. had burned incense to other gods. B. were marrying foreign women. C. were disobe failed to keep the sabbath.
26. But the army of the Chaldeans pursued the king and overtook him in the plains of Jericho. This text alludes to the incident where A. the Babylonians arrested Zedekiah. B. the Babylonians made Zedekiah king. C. Nebuchadnezzar’s army arrested Jehoiachin. D. Nebuchadnezzar’s army chased Jehoiachin.
27. Which of the following ways did Nehemiah demonstrate concern for his nation? He A. revived the worship of Yahweh. B. rebuilt the temple of Jericho. C. reconstructed the walls of Je- rusalem. D. led the exiles back home.
28. Then these men came by agreement and found Daniel making petition and supplication before his God. The people reminded the king about the following except the A. punishment for defaulters. B. power of the treaty. C. ban on worship. D. freedom of worship.
29. One immoral act that took place in Israel which was condemned by Amos
was that A. priests slept with women
in the temple. B. Nazarites drank wine
and slept in the temple. C. the rich
men took the wives of the poor. D. a
man and his father went into the same woman.
30. To win Israel back to Himself, God
promised turning the valley of Achor
into a place of A. peace. B. hope. C.
mercy. D. joy.
31. One significant difference between Matthew’s and Marks account of Jesus’ baptism is that A. Matthew alone said that John felt inferior to baptise Jesus. B. Matthew alone said a voice came from heaven. C. Mark alone made mention of Galilee during the baptism. D. only Matthew reported that the spirit alighted on Jesus.
32. Which of the following was the sequence of Jesus’ temptation according to Matthew? A. Temple< wilderness < mountain B. Wilderness < temple < mountain C. Mountain< temple < wildemess D. Wilderness < mountain < temple
33. desire mercy and not sacrifce for
came not to call the righteous, but sinners. Jesus made this remark when
A. he called the hrst disciples by the
sea. B. the Sadducees accused him of
eating with Sinners. C. the Pharisees
accused him of eating with Sinners. D.
he healed the woman with the issue of blood.
34. Jesus call of the first four disciples to be fishers of men Implied that they
were to A. propagate the teachings of
Jesus. B. convert the Jews into Christians. . Win proselytes to Jesus. D. be trained fo become Rabbis.
35. Ido not Say to you seven times, buf seventy times seven. By this Jesus meant forgiveness A. just be done only seven times. B. takes place where there is a plea. C. is exercised when offence is repeated severally. D. does not need to have any limitation.
36. One of the major things Christians
should do to merit God’s forgiveness
according to Jesus is A. praying without ceasing. B. fellowshipping together. C. offering sacrifices to God. D. forgiving people who offend them.
37. Which of the following is not a humility Jesus suffered during his trial? A. they spat on him B. His face was covered C. They put a crown on n head. D. the guards received him with blows
38. My soul is very sorrowfiul, even to
death; remain here and watch with
me. Where was this remark made by
Jesus? A. In the garden of Gethsemane B. When he was in the palace of Caiaphas. C. On the way to Golgotha. D. When he was sent to Herod
39. Jesus’ offer of paradise to the repentant thief on the cross eaches that A. Gods word must be fulfilled. B. repentance is never too late. C. Jesus was cruciied to save sinners. D. people are punished not for their sins.
40. 0 foolish men, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken. Which people were being referred to as foolish? The A. two men traveling to Emmaus. B. seventy disciples Jesus sent out. C. twelve apostles of Jesus D. women who went to the tomb of Jesus
41. Which of the following qualified
Matthias as an apostle to replace Judah Iscariot? A. He had accompanied the
disciples from the time of the baptism
of Jesus B. took active part in evangelism from house to house. C. was among the early disciples who prayed fervently. D. was among the one hundred and twenty disciples who had the Holy Spirit
42. The replacement of Judas Iscariot was necessary because the A. death of Judas Iscariot was premature. B. twelve disciples represented the twelve tribes of Israel. C. prophesies of the scripture needed to be fulfilled D. status quo of the twelve must be maintained.
43. Why aid you go to uncircumcised men and eat with them? The uncircumcised men were the A. Gentiles of Caesarea. entiles of Joppa. C. household oormelius D. household of Simon.
44. From his experience on the road to Damascus, Saul learnt all the following except A. persecuting the church meant persecuting the Lord. B. his confidence in Judaism was misplaced. C. he was specially chosen to preach to the Gentile. D. he could successfuly promote his own will.
45. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. This statement was made by A. Jesus when he was going to heaven. B. the seven deacons during their appointiment. C. Peter before the Sanhedrin. D. The apostles on the day of Pentecost.
46. Which of the folowing biblical characters was mentioned to have justified his/her faith by works? A. Ahab. B. Jael C. Rehab D. Barnabas
47. is any among you sick let him call
for the elders of the church and let
them pray over hm. By this statement
James meant that A. We should not
pray for ourselves when we are sick.
B. the prayer of the faithful will save
the sick. C. elders of the church can
perform wonders. D. prayer without
the elders may not be eifective
48. Peter’s encouragement to Christians to put away all forms of malice implies that A. it is a divine command to
forgive. B. Christians should emulate
Christ. C. forgiveness heals the heart.
D. grievances breeds disunity.
49. The call on Christians to live as free men, yet without using such freedom as a pretext for perpetuating evil was intended for them to A. do what is right always. B. resist the temptations of the devil. C. fight for their right and freedom. D. endure suftering and persecutions.
50. Peter states that God opposes the proud but to the humble, He A. provides all their needs. B. gives them protection. C. grants them success. D. grants them grace.
PAPER2 ESSAY (60 MARKS)
Instruction: Answer four quesions in all, choosing one question from each section and the fourth from either question A or B. All questions carry equal marks.
1(a)Give an account of the story of the
crossing of the Red Sea by the Israel-
ites under the leadership of Moses. (12marks)
(b) Mention thrEe lessons that can be
leamt about the nature of God from the above incident.
2(a)Relate the events that that led to the pronouncement of punishment on the household of Eli. (12 marks)
(b) State three ways by which parents can make their children responsible. (3marks)
3(a) have done wrong; return, my son David, for will no more do you harm..
Recount the events that led to this
apology. (11 marks)
(b) What two qualities can we derive from David’s attitude? (4 marks)
4(a)Recount Josiah’s response to the discovery of The Book of the Law in the temple. (12 marks)
b) ldentify three ways in which the religious situation today is similar to Josiah’s days. (3 marks)
5(a)My soul is very sorrowful, even to
death; remain here, and watch with
me. Give an account of what happened to Jesus after he made this statement. (11 marks)
(b) State two ways by which one can a
assist people going through challenges (4 marks)
6(a) You wicked senvant; I forgave you all that debt because you besougnt me..
Outline the circumstance that led to
the above statement. (12 marks)
(b) State three reasons for which people find it dificult to forgive. (3marks)
7(a) Give an account of how the prophecy of Joel was fulfilled on the day of the Pentecost. (11 marks)
(b) In what two ways was the above incident significant? (4 marks)
8(a) Recount the teachings of James in
which he remarked that love your
nergnbour as yourself. (12 marks)
(b) Identify three negative effects of discrimination among Christian (3marks)
9(a)Outline Peter’s recommendation that believers should interact with unbelievers in the society. (12 marks)
(b) State three ways by which Christians can live above reproach in the society. (3 marks)
SOLUTIONS with Detail Explanations
1. C: According to the second creation
story, the beast of the field and birds
were formed from the ground. Gene-
2. B: The reason for which God decided to make a helper fit for man in the Garden of Eden was for companionship. God said he would make man a helper fit for him; Eve was created as Adam’s companion in the Garden of Eden. Genesis 2:18
3. B: The supremacy of God during creation was manifested by His command of let there be. Only a supreme being would declare that something should be and it was so. God crcated the universe with the word of His mouth. Genesis 10
4. B: Apart from Joseph who was already in Egypt, the offspring of Jacob that migrated from Canaan to Egypt numbered seventy. These constituled the Israelites that were domiciled in Egypt before the new Pharaoh who knew them not ascended the throne. Exodus 1:1-5 (emphasis on 5)
5. B: The name Manasseh which Joseph gave to his first son means God had made Joseph forget his hardship.
6. D. The second born was Ephraim which means God had made Joseph fruitful in the land of his affliction. Genesis 41:51
7. A: Aaron was to be Moses spokesman according to God’s instruction when Moses was told to liberate the Israelites from the oppression of Egypt’s Pharaoh. This can be interpreted as being Moses’ servant. Exodus 4:16
8. B: The presence of God among the
Israelites is demonstrated by the symbol of fire and cloud (pillar of cloud by day and pillar of fire by night). Exodus 13:21
Need more of these? Continue here