DATA PROCESSING SS 3 FIRST TERM
- index architecture
- types of indexes
- primary and secondary indexes
- indexes using composite search keys.
- Defines indexes
- explains index’ architecture clustered and non-clustered
- lists and explains types of indexes e.g. pritmap, dense etc with their differences.
- explains how data entries are organized in order to support efficient retrieval of data
- explains features of primary and secondary indexes
- Students to listen and participate actively in the lesson.
Instructional Resources: Computer sets, library card.
2 Data Base Security
- -introduction to DB security
- -access control
- -methods of access control
- leads the students to define data security
- leads the students to define access control.
- lost and explains various ways of ensuring access control e.g. password security, authentication etc.
- students should listen and participate actively
Instructional Resources: Computer sets, library cards.
3 Data Base Security
- role of the database administrator in security
- State and explain the roles of database administrator in ensuring security e.g insuring password
- leads the students to define encryption and decryption
- state basic types of encryption (symmetric and public key encryption)
- students takes note on teachers explanation.
Instructional Resources: It can be the internet.
4 Crash Recovery
- Introduction to arise
- Other recovery Related data structure
- Write ahead log protocol
- Leads the student to define Crash recovery
- Explains the functions
- Uncle pass
- Explain arias notations E.g. log Seguin number(lsn)
- Page L.S.N prevlsn etc
- Explains other recovery Related structures such as data base back up and redo logs
- Defines write ahead Protocol
- Students to listen and participate in class activities.
Instructional Resources: charts
5 Parallel and Distributed Database
- architecture for parallel database
- introduction to distributed database
- Defines the terms, allel and distributed databases
- Explains the architecture for parallel database (systems in parallel shared memory, shared dish etc.
- Students to listen and participate actively
Instructional resources: chart
6 Parallel and Distributed Databases
- Distributed DBMS architecture
- Storing data in a distributed DBMS
- States the importance of distributed and parallel DBMS architecture
- List distributed DBMS architecture e.g storage devices multiple computers etc
- Students to listen and participate actively
instructional resources: chart
- Meaning of networking
- Leads the students to define a computer network, internet and intranet
- Lists and explains terminologies network modes, topology
- Networking topologies
- Leads the students to define network topology
- shows illustrations of the different types of topology e.g. bus, starring, mesh, tree, line etc
- students should show these topologies using printed components in groups.
Instructional resources: pictures of computer in a network.
- Types of networking
- Lists and explain the different types of networks – LAN, WLAN, WAN, MAN, SAN, CAN, PAN, and DAN with examples students should listen and make notes
Instructional resources: pictures of computers in a network
10 Computer Virus
- Meaning of computer virus
- Examples of virus
- Virus warning syns
- Virus detection and prevention
- Leads the students to define computer virus
- Give examples of virus (Trojan)
- state how they are contacted (internet programs, infected flash etc)
- leads the students to identify warning signs of computer virus
- guide the students to identify anti virus software (AVAS, AVG, MIFEC etc.
Instructional resources: pictures of anti virus packages computer system with anti – virus software installed .
11 Maintenance of Computer II
- Details of Hardware maintenance
- Explains the process of maintaining computer hardware in detail students to copy board summary in the note books.
Instructional resources: computers scraps in the lab.
12 Maintenance of computer II
- -details of software maintenance
- guides students on the procedure for software maintenance in details
- students should be allowed to format system and install softwares .
Instructional resources: software and hardware computers
DATA PROCESSING SS 3 SECOND TERM
1 Career Option data processing
- professions in computer
- lead students to some computer profession e.g: application analyst, Business analyst, Data Base administrator, Certified Software Manager etc.
- identify computer professions functions.
Instruction Resource: Charts
2 Career Options in Data Processing
- . qualities of a good professional.
- Leads them to identify the the qualities of a good professional e.g. responsive knowledgeable, trustworthiness etc.
3 career options in IT data processing
- Enumerates professional computer bodies in Nigerian e.g. computer professionals of Nigeria, Nigeria Information Technology Development Agency, Nigeria Internet Registration Association etc
Was this helpful? Do stay connected to itsmyschoollibrary.com for more educational contents.