Welcome to Myschoolibrary! Our Food and Nutrition lessons continues! Do have a pleasant moment studying with us!
Subject: Food And Nutrition
Topic: Keeping A First Aid Box
Lesson Objectives: By the end of the lesson, the learners should be able to:
- Define the term first aid and first aid box;
- List items found in the first aid box;
Keeping A First Aid Box
First aid is the treatment given to an injured person before taking him or her to the hospital for proper treatment.
Due to the possibility of occurrence of accident in the kitchen, it is very important that day kitchen user or house wife keeps a simple first aid box in the kitchen or where it can be easily reached. this will allow for the treatment of simple accidents and also serve as a preliminary treatment before the arrival of a doctor in the case of a serious one.
A first Aider is a person trained to administer first aid treatment.
Items That Should Be Kept In The First Aid Box
The following items that must be in the first aid box:
- Assorted adhesive dressing
- Triangular bandages
- Roller bandage is
- Cotton wool
- Scissors with blend point
- Small-size prepared sterile dressing
- Antiseptic cream
- Crepe or intensive bandage
- Absorbent cotton
- Solution of hydrogen peroxide
- Embrocation, sloan’s liniment.
- Petroleum-based ointment.
Done Studying? See previous lessons in Food And Nutrition
Take a quick test for this lesson
- What is first aid treatment?
- Who is a first aider?
- Mention items that should be found in the first aid box.
Questions answered correctly? Brilliant!
Do stay connected to itsmyschoollibrary.com for more educational contents.!