Part 2 of NIGERIAN CURRENT AFFAIRS (UPDATED)
26. Who is the current INEC Chairman? Mahmood Yakubu
27. Who is the current Chief of Army Staff? Gen. Tukur Yusuf Buratai
28. Who discovered River Niger? Mungo Park
29. Who coined the name “Nigeria”? Flora Shaw Luggard
30. The first trade in Nigeria was held in what year? 1953
31. The highest mountain in Africa is? Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
32. The Largest River in the World is? Mississippi
33. The largest city in the world is? New York.
34. Coldest country in the world is? Russia
35. The largest River in Nigeria is? River Niger
36. The United Nations was founded in what year? 1945
37. ECOWAS was founded in what year? 1975
38. The largest city in West Africa is? Ibadan
39. The twin towers ( World Trade Centre ) was bombed in what year? Sept 11, 2001 by Osama Bin Laden Terrorist group
40. The league of Nations was founded in what year? 1920
41. Central Bank of Nigeria was established in what year? 1959
42. The smallest continent in the world is? Australia
43. The First World War started in what year? 1914
44. The First World War ended in what year? 1919
45. The least populated country in the world is? Vatican city
46. Who hosted the 2010 FIFA World Cup? South Africa
47. Nigeria is divided into how many geo-political zones? 6
48. The most populated country in the world is? China
49. The largest Island in the world is? Greenland
50. The Eifel’s Tower is located in what country? France
51. Eifel’s Tower was built in what year? 1889 by Gustave
52. The first Nigerian to win a Nobel Laureate is? Prof. Wole Soyinka
53. N.Y.S.C was established in what year? 1973
54. Nigeria Civil War started and ended in what year? 1967-1970
55. Nigeria changed to use of Naira and kobo in what year? 1973
56. The largest continent in the world is? ASIA
57. The youngest judge in the whole world is John Payton
58. The first military coup carried out in Nigeria was in 1966.
59. Who formed the first political party in Nigeria?Answer: Herbert Macaulay
Answer: Herbert Macaulay
60. Question: What was the first political party in Nigeria?
61. Who is the current president of Nigeria?
Answer: Muhammadu Buhari
62. Who is the current vice president of Nigeria?
Answer: Yemi Osinbajo
62. What does the eagle in the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
63. Representative democracy is best characterised by?
Answer: free elections and proper registers of voters
64. While political parties aim at forming a government pressure groups aim at?
Answer: influencing governmental decisions
65. When the electorate vote for representatives who in turn vote on their behalf we say it is?
Answer: an indirect election
66. An election which is conducted to fill a vacant seat in a legislature is called a?
Answer: by election
67. Which of these countries does NOT operate a federal constitution
68. The major advantage of the secret ballot is that?
Answer: it ensures the anonymity of each voter
69. In a one party state, the ruling party is?
Answer: the ruling party is the only legal party
70. A cabinet system of government is practiced in?
Answer: Britain and Canada
71. A proclamation by the head of state ending a session of parliament is called?
Answer: a dissolution
72. The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria?
Answer: promotes unity of diversity
73. The transfer of authority to local government council is known asAnswer: delegation
74. The principle of anonymity of civil servants means that they?
Answer: are credited or blamed for any thing they do.
75. The six registered political parties in Nigeria in 1982 were?
Answer: UPN, GNPP, NAP, PRP, NPP, NPN,
76. Which of the following is NOT a pressure group in Nigeria?
NIGERIAN WOMEN CURRENT AFFAIRS
77. Who was the first female editor of a daily newspaper? Dr. Doyin Abiola
78. Who was the first Nigerian female novelist? Mrs Flora Nwakpa
79. Who was the first female winner of an Olympic gold medal? Miss Chioma Ajunwa
80. Who was the first female Senior Advocate of Nigeria? Mrs Folake Solanke
81. Who was the first female Vice Chancellor? Prof. Grace Alele Williams
82. Who was the first female Pilot? Mrs Chinyere Onyemaucheya
83. Who was the first female Judge? Mrs Rose Menye-Ukeje
84. Who was the first female Political Activist? Mrs Margaret Ekpo
85. Who was the first female Deputy Inspector General of Police? Mrs Bisi Ugowe
86. Who was the first female Doctor? Dr Elizabeth Awonyi Abimbola
87. Who was the first female Governor in Nigeria? Mrs Virginia Etiaba
88. Who was the first female to buy a car? Mrs Efuroye Tinubu
89. Who was the first female to drive a car? Mrs Olufunmilayo Ransome Kuti
90. Who was the first female Speaker of the House of Assembly? Mrs Patricia Eteh
USEFUL LEGAL TERMS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Governmental Terms to Know
- Democracy: is the government of the people by the people and for the people.
- Kakistocracy: is the government by the worst class of citizens.
- Oligarchy: this is the government by the rich (influential class of citizens).
- Rule of law: this is the restriction of the arbitrary exercise of power by subordinating it to well-defined and established laws. It’s the supremacy of law over everybody.
- Political party: this consist of a group of people with distinct aims and objectives involving in political activities seeking to obtain control of government.
- Dictatorship: this is a system of government under a military ruler. It’s a ruler who doesn’t consult anyone but takes decision himself.
- Monarchy: this is also known as kingship. It’s when the ruler(King) rules for his lifetime and passes the position to his blood as an inheritance.
- Autocracy: this is a government by a sovereign government with uncontrollable authority.
- Amnesty: is a general pardon by a government to a certain class of offenders.
- Election: This is a system of selecting a ruler by voting.
- Affidavit: A written statement that may be presented as evidence
- Alibi: A defence that a person charged with a criminal offence was elsewhere when the offence was committed and therefore cannot be responsible for it.
- Solicitor: A person qualified to conduct legal matters.
- Plaintiff: A person who brings an action in court to seek redress from another called the defendant.
NIGERIAN NATIONALISTS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Herbert Macaulay
- Nnamdi Azikwe
- Obafemi Awolowo
- Tafawa Balewa
- Ahmadu Bello
- Anthony Enaghoro
- Eyo Ita
- Nyong Essien
- Mbonu Ojike
- Joseph Tarka
- Ernest Okoli
- Michael Okpara
- Akanu Ibiam
- King Jaja of Opobo
- King Kosoko of Lagos
- Oba Ovaremi of Benin
- Dennis Osadebe
PART B OF THE NIGERIA CURRENT AFFAIRS FROM 1960
1. Who formed the first political party in Nigeria?
D. Herbert Macaulay
2. What was the first political party in Nigeria?
3. Who is the current president of Nigeria?
4. Who is the current vice president of Nigeria?
C. Peter obi
D. Namadi sambo
5. What does the eagle in the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
6. Representative democracy is best characteristic by
(A) free elections and proper registers of voters
(B) a politically educated electorate
(C) rule by the interest group
(D) proper constituencies and a real choice of candidates
07. While political partial parties aim at forming a government pressure groups aim at
A. causing social unrest
B. influencing governmental decisions
C. controlling nation’s economy
D. getting workers to unite
8. When the electorate vote for representatives who is turn vote on their behalf we say it is
A. an indirect election
B. an unfair election
C. a disputed election
D. a rigged electron
9. An election which is conducted to fill a vacant seat in a legislature is called a
A. by election
B. general election
10. Which of these countries does NOT operate a federal constitution
11. The major advantage of the secret ballot is that
A. it is faster than other systems
B. nobody can be prevented from voting
C. it ensures the anonymity of each voter
D. losers can ask for another secret voter
12. In a one party state
(A) there are no free citizens
(B) the communist party is the only legal party
(C) the ruling party is the only legal party
(D) elections to be legislature are held at the party’s conferences
13. A cabinet system of government is practiced in
A. Britain and Canada
B. the soviet union
C. all European Countries including Britain
D. the United State of America
14. A proclamation by the head of state ending a session of parliament is called
A. a dissolution
B. an adjournment
C. a prorogation
D. a devolution
15. The constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria
(A) promotes unity of diversity
(B) allows for the dominance of the minority ethnic groups
(C) concentrates governmental power at on one level of government
(D) ensures the dominance of one political party.
16. The transfer of authority to local government council is known as
17. The principle of anonymity of civil servants means that they
A. are not the servant of a particular government
B. are trained for the duties they perform
C. are credited or blamed for any thing they do
D. have a career
18. The six registered political parties in Nigeria in 1982 were
A. UPN, NPN, PPA, PPP, NPP, and NAP
B. UPN, GNPP, NAP, PRP, NPP, NPN,
C. NPN, UPN, NPP, PRP, PPP NNDP,
D. NPC, GNPP, PRP, UPN, NPP and PPA
19. Which of the following is NOT a pressure group in Nigeria
B. the Nigerian union of teachers (NUT)
C. Nigeria medical associate (NMA)
D. Academic staff union of university (ASUU)
20. The N.C.N.C sent a delegation to London in 1947 to protest against the
A. burns constitution
B. Richards constitution
C. Littleton constitution
D. Macpherson constitution
21. A popular principle of colonial administration in British west Africa was
B. indirect rule
22. The first governor-general of colonial Nigeria was
A. sir, Hugh Clifford
B. sir James Robertson
C. lord Lugard
D. sir Ralph moore.
23. The first military government in Nigeria was headed by
A. General Yakubu Gowon,
B. General Agunyi Ironsi
C. General M. Mohammed
D. General O. Obasanjo.
24. The first general election in Nigeria was hold in
25. The supreme organ of the U.N O is the
A. General assembly
B. secretary general
C. world court
D. world bank
1D 2C 3C 4A 5D 6A 7B 8A 9A 10D
11C 12C 13A 14A 15A 16A 17C 18B 19A 20B
21B 22C 23B 24D 25A
Current Affairs Two
1. Traditional rulers were restricted to ceremonial rules by the local government reforms of
2. A parliamentary system, who ensures that members are in the house to vote on major issues
a. Party leaders
b. Speaker of the House
c. Clerk of the House
3. A system in which no single person serves as the chief executive is known as
4. A social system in which power is derived from control over land is called
5. Ã¢â‚¬Å“Rule of LawÃ¢â‚¬ refers to situation in which
a. Lawyers are the rulers
b. Laws are supreme
c. The judiciary is independent
d. Parliament makes laws
6. An important principle of the civil service is
7. Which of these constitution recognized local government as the third tier of government
a. The 1946 Constitution
b. The 1960 constitution
c. The 1963 constitution
d. the 1979 constitution
8. A condition for judicial independence is the appointment of judges by the
a. Civil service commission
b. Judicial service Commission
c. Low Review Commission
d. The 1979 constitution
9. The minorities Commission appointed in Nigeria in 1957 recommend that:
a. More states should be created in the federation
b. No more states should created before independence
c. Nigeria should revert to a unitary structure
d. the legislature should Legislate for the minority arease the minorities should constitute one state
10. One of these was in existence before the outbreak of the second world war
a. The OAU
b. The League of Nations
c. The UNO
d. The Commonwealth of Nations
PART THREE: FACTS AND QUESTIONS ABOUT NIGERIA
1. Mention the new service chiefs in Nigeria
2. Who is the current INEC chairman?
Answer: Mahmud Yakubu
3. Who is the current NAFDAC Director General?
Answer: Mojisola Christianah Adeyeye
4. Who is the current Inspector General of police?
Answer: IGP Ibrahim Idris
5. Current chairman of the African Union
Answer: Paul Kagame
6. Who is the secretary General of the united nations
Answer: António Guterres
7. Who is the current minister of education?
Answer: Mallam Adamu Adamu
8. Mention five rivers in Nigeria that share their names with a state.
Answer: Rivers- Benue, Niger, Osun, Kaduna, Ogun, Sokoto, Cross River, Imo
9. What was the first political party in Nigeria?
Answer: Nigerian National Democratic party (NNDP)
10. Who is the current president of Nigeria?
Answer: Muhammadu Buhari
11. Who is the current vice president of Nigeria?
Answer: Yemi Osibajo
12. What does the eagle in the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
13. Mention 5 past senate presidents of Nigeria.
Answer: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe,
Anyim Pius Anyim,
14. What do the two horses on the Nigerian coat of arm represent?
14. What was the black shield in the Nigerian coat of arm stand for?
Answer: Nigerian’s fertile soil
16. What does the white colour in Nigerian flag stand for?
17. What does the green colour in Nigerian flag represent?
Answer: Forests and abundant natural wealth of Nigeria
18. Who is the current minister of finance?
Answer: Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed
19. Who is the current minister of defence?
Answer: Maj. Gen. Bashir Magashi (rtd)
20. Nigeria is divided into how many geopolitical zones?
Answer: Six (6) geopolitical zones
21. What was the first capital city in Nigeria?
22. Who is the current minister of FCT?
Answer: Muhammadu Musa Bello
23. Who is the current Nigerian Deputy Senate president?
Answer: Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege
24. When did Nigerian Golden eaglets win the world under-17 FIFA world cup
Answer: 1985, 1993, 2007, 2013, 2015
25. Who gave Nigeria her name?
Answer: Flora Shaw
26. Who designed the Nigerian flag?
Answer: Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi
27. Which country won the last world cup?
28. Who was the first man to buy a car in Nigeria?
Answer: Bob Jensen
29. Who was the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria?
Answer: Funmilayo Ransome Kuti
30. What is the first TV station in Nigeria?
Answer: Western Nigerian Government Broadcasting Corporation (WNTV) in 1959
31. Who is the current CBN Governor?
Answer: Godwin Emefiele
32. Where was crude oil first discovered in Nigeria?
Answer: Oloibiri Oilfield, located in Oloibiri in Ogbia LGA of Bayelsa State
33. Who was the first Nigerian to become a Noble Laureate?
Answer: Wole Soyinka
34. Who is the Nigerian current speaker of House of Representatives?
Answer: Femi Gbajabiamila
35. Who is the minister for petroleum resources in Nigeria?
Answer: President Muhammudu Buhari
36. Who is the current chief justice of Nigeria?
Answer: Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad
37. When was the Nigerian Naira introduced?
Answer: 1st January 1973
38. When was the first military coup carried out in Nigeria?
39. How many local Government do we have in Nigeria?
40. Who is the first Nigerian president?
Answer: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe
41. Who was Nigerian first executive president?
Answer: Alhaji Shehu Aliyu Shagari
42. Who was the Nigerian first prime minister?
Answer: Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
43. What is the largest continent in the world?
Answer: ASIA with population of 3,641,000,000 while Australia & Oceania is the smallest continent
44. What are the five Oceans in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, Arctic Ocean.
More loading …